Monday, January 21, 2008

gym class heroes

she says she loves me
but she comes and goes when she pleases
when the door shuts
it's like another papercut
and now i'm stuck with a hand full of bandaids
until she comes back around like those ceiling fan blades

she claims she loves me
but she cuts me into pieces
when i'm sewn up, here comes another papercut

now she consumes me
no room for self these days
i hate it when her face is invading my head again
i've grown accustomed to bending my beliefs
to satisfy her needs
but i'm fed up
with plugging cuts everytime they bleed
so i dip my pen in the puddle
what a bloody mess its been
trying to end this struggle
but i love her
she's the reason for the lesions
i start bleeding when she's leaving
and every scar on my fingertip
is a reminder of all the lessons learned
on my missions to try to find her

No comments: